New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
KaraBenart
Community Novice

Oh my . . . I JUST realized this today as I had students complete a short bell ringer quiz where I have to grade one of the 5 questions . . .

If this isn't fixed before classic quizzes is phased out, I will have to stop using canvas for any quiz type assessments - short or long.   I cannot click through every student to figure out if the quiz is done and if it has been manually graded.   

Please fix this.   It appears that the request has been out there for more than two years!    I cannot believe that this is taking this long. 

dustinormond
Community Member

New quizzes should show a badge indicating the number of students who completed the quiz and needs to be reviewed. This would be similar to assignment, exam, and old quiz submissions. The reason is that I sometimes forget to check the quizzes and grade them because I don’t receive badge notices telling me the number of students who have completed them.

mklein
Community Explorer

Two years later and this still has not been addressed! New quizzes have other issues, but this makes them unusable. Please fix!!!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: In Development
  Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read  New Quizzes on the To Do List.

breklis
Community Participant

@KristinL Thank you for the update.  Great news!

MsMiller1
Community Explorer

Yes!!!

cgodwin
Community Explorer

Quizzes with unscored questions should show being needed to be graded in gradebook. You shouldn’t have to open every one to see which have been graded or not

dhulsey
Community Champion

Thank you @KristinL ! 

resartoris
Community Participant

Any update on this request? It is a much needed feature! Many of our teachers cannot use New Quizzes until it is capable of doing everything classic quizzes was able to do. 

mklein
Community Explorer

@resartoris see above, this was just recently changed to a status of "in development".