[New Quizzes] Disable Spell Check- Fill in the Blank (New Quizzes)

For essay questions in New Quizzes it appears the browser spell check is disabled by default.  It would be great if this were also possible to disable the spell check for fill in the blank questions. 

I am trying to set up spelling lessons in Canvas using mastery paths.  However, the browser spell check negates the use of quizzes for this type of assessment.

Added to Theme

Build dynamic question types Theme Status: Identified

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

tomjohnson189
Community Member

I have the same need -- To give a spelling test to my 2nd-graders verbally while the students complete the quiz in Canvas.  I want it done in New Quizzes fill-in-the-blank and not as essay answers because I want to take advantage of auto-grading.  So much easier to have the system grade the test than grading each answer to the essay questions.

amy_koger
Community Explorer

Agree about using fill in the blank questions for spelling tests.  Please add this feature!  I used the essay form with disabling spell check this past school year, but would like to convert  to fill in the blank so responses can be auto graded.  

Thank you!

Doug10
Community Novice

I really need this...This would allow canvas to do spelling tests...a twice weekly activity in most primary classes.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme