[New Quizzes] Give option to allow/not allow feedback per question

As admin, I have a faculty member requesting a new feature in Canvas quizzes. 

New Feature: Give an option to allow or not allow feedback per question. The faculty member wants to give feedback for certain questions in a quiz but not for all questions.

For example, he wants to provide feedback for the short answer/essay questions but not the multiple choice. Currently there is no way to toggle feedback on or off per question. 

Added to Theme

10 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@thackead 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Question groups are unique to Old (Classic) Quizzes. Our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated early next year. As such, we've archived this idea.

After the faculty member starts using New Quizzes in live courses we hope you will encourage him to evaluate the functionality and suggest improvements as needed based on that experience.

thackead
Community Participant

Please unarchive this as I just used the wrong terminology. The faculty member still wants the feature even if doesn't include question groups. He would like the option per question in New Quizzes. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@thackead 

Thanks for letting us know. I've edited out all the references to "question groups" and have moved the idea forward for broader discussion.

homerk
Community Novice

I think this comment per question would be very useful.  Thanks for considering.

Verner
Community Novice

Many quizzes have only a question or a few questions that would benefit from commentary.

debo9
Community Member

Makes sense to me!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL