[New Quizzes] Download Quiz Statistics

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS

quizzes.next‌

Currently, there is no way to download or even print the entire Item analysis report from the new quiz feature in Canvas. This is a really useful feature that the original quizzes held. Please add this feature to the new Quizzes feature.

Added to Theme

126 Comments
The_Viking
Community Participant

First semester using Canvas and I'm no longer surprised when, yet again, Canvas can't do something fundamental and basic.  I've seen this request go back at least 2 years where the reply was "this was a priority."  Pretty unbelievable I can't download the results of a quiz.  Desire2Learn, our previous LMS, could do this.  I'm really regretting that my university chose to go with Canvas.  It would actually be an excellent platform if someone would actually develop it in a timely manner.  How you go from "old quizzes" that could do this to "new quizzes" where the function is removed is mind-boggling to me. 

ccountryman1
Community Member

I would like this too.

mgarcia-ojeda
Community Member

This is imperative to have.  I now need to see the data from the quizz that I used and cannot.  I will probably switch to the old quizzes until the new quizzes have the ability to download the data.

Marcos

SandraONeil
Community Explorer

Does anyone know how to move a new quiz item bank BACK to a question bank in old quizzes since New quizzes does not do this!  We need item level analysis! I need to migrate all our stuff back!

a1063023
Community Explorer

@SandraONeil — last time I looked at this (in around March/April) there was no way to convert a new quiz back to an old quiz, nor was there was a way to analyse data input with new quizzes in the old quizzes interface. 

Luckily for me my quiz with ~300 responses was mostly formative and I could just abandon the data. I’m glad I found out in time because I almost released a quiz that I needed to collate responses for in the new interface and I would have been stuck trawling through each response manually. I rewrote the quiz from scratch in the old quizzes interface 😞

MariahBirgen
Community Participant

This issue is more than 3 years old and it is really upsetting that nothing has happened. I especially agree with:

"First semester using Canvas and I'm no longer surprised when, yet again, Canvas can't do something fundamental and basic.  I've seen this request go back at least 2 years where the reply was "this was a priority."  Pretty unbelievable I can't download the results of a quiz.  Desire2Learn, our previous LMS, could do this.  I'm really regretting that my university chose to go with Canvas.  It would actually be an excellent platform if someone would actually develop it in a timely manner.  How you go from "old quizzes" that could do this to "new quizzes" where the function is removed is mind-boggling to me. "

TreyLeech
Community Member

This absolutely needs to be added ASAP.

Our program chairs and Assessment & Accreditation leaders use this data for program changes and for reporting data to accrediators. 

Any/all update from Canvas will be much appreciated on this matter.

WeiLu
Community Novice

Please make this function available, we have 12 courses in our online program and quizzes are important especially for online programs. Not being able to export quiz results (which we could do with Classic type quiz) is causing great issues. 

Thank you.

Gonzales_Alyssa
Community Member

Being able to download/export the reports/analytics in New Quizzes is a necessity. We often have to send our data to other departments for auditing and/or review.

Robert_Stefanek
Community Member

Yes, please add this feature to New Quizzes. We need to export reports that live outside of Canvas.