[New Quizzes] Script Concordance Questions

Problem statement:

Canvas does not have an inbuilt option to facilitate Script Concordance questions. This has been identified as an important testing method for Medicine/Diagnostic fields to assess clinical reasoning in uncertain situations. It can be a three part question where the first part contains a relevant diagnostic/hypothesis/management option; the second part presents a new clinical finding and the third part is a likert scale on what the hypothesis then becomes. Results of both other students scales and experts scales are then displayed to students and there is no wrong answer. Example from moodle https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_tcs

Proposed solution:

Solution is to have Canvas functionality that supports the Script Concordance Testing. To create this feature would better support the teaching and learning of our students in diagnostic fields.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,student,ta,designer

4 Comments
MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @Meegan2,

Thank you for submitting your idea!  We recently added Rich Content Editor to Fill in the Blank question types.  I'm wondering if that functionality could be combined with a stimulus type question to be able to display the question as was shown in the example you provided.

Here is an example of a stimulus question (with associated questions shown to the right) and I added a Fill in the Blank question with a table that included a dropdown so you could create the likert scale.  I then added an essay question so that the student could add comments.

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 4.53.18 PM.png

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure

As we wait for a reply with further information, we’re placing your request in the Seeking Clarity status for two weeks. Please respond by July 11 so we can provide your idea the attention it deserves. If you are unable to reply by then, we’ll Archive the thread to allow the Product Team to focus on newer requests.

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

MPioRoda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Will Not Consider