[New Quizzes] Show correct answers only after last allowed attempt

Problem statement:

To encourage students to think through their errors, I like to give them multiple attempts without showing them the correct answers. It would be nice to show them the correct answers after the last attempt. For instance, in comprehension assignments for a foreign language class I teach, I give them two attempts to free them up from some stress on the first run through, but to make them focus on the assignment. I would like for them to have access to the correct answers after the 2nd attempt so they can see exactly where they went wrong.

Proposed solution:

Make it possible to show correct answers after 'x' number of attempts or after last allowed attempt, or, for unlimited attempts, make it possible for students to request the correct answers but then be barred from any further attempts. This would help students who are reluctant to ask for help understand the course content better, and would add flexibility to courses offered completely online.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

MPathkiller
Community Member

This is a common request at our institution as well.

Here is a mock-up of where I think the setting belongs: https://uppsala.instructure.com/courses/16238/files/4065514/preview

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme