Override Late Policy in Speedgrader

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-10-16).

Currently, teachers must go to the Gradebook to override an automatic deduction due to a student submission being late.  It would be more convenient if a teacher could override the late deduction while grading in Speedgrader. late policy‌ newgradebook‌

Current Speedgrader View (No option to edit/override):

309787_pastedImage_1.png

67 Comments
iwhansen
Community Explorer

Agreed 100%. Please FIX this!

RollieLewis
Community Explorer

Yes please!! It's such a pain to find the assignment in the Gradebook and remove the late penalty while I'm grading in Speedgrader. Please, please add this ability in Speedgrader, I'm begging you!!!

lsaeta
Community Member

i think that not being able to do this when it is on a student's iep and i have about 20 of these makes this platform almost non-compliant with ADA. This is not just a "convenience' this is the law. 

michelle1_krumm
Community Member

This is a NEEDED feature! It is so tedious to have to change this in the gradebook. It took YEARS to get the "collapse all modules" button implemented, though, so I'm not holding my breath...

LucaStruble1
Community Member

Yes, we need this.

GlennJohnson
Community Novice

oh yes please.  It is so hard to do now.   I have to open a different window or I will forget what student it is.

tom_collins
Community Explorer

This is a perfect example of how Canvas fails us. This has been overwhelmingly supported for over two years, and it was actually equally highly supported in at least one thread prior to this one. Instead of recognizing a deficiency and fixing it, the time of many professional educators is wasted in voting and commenting when a much smaller amount of time would be expended in writing a little code.

bontomasin
Community Explorer

This is one of the biggest issues in my district. We accept so much late work it is tedious and time consuming to have to go to another screen and complete the adjustment in 3-4 clicks by 150 students . 

saraha
Community Explorer

300th'd! I signed in to check if this suggestion had been made as an improvement. Please change this. It would be a hundred times speedier in speed-grader to be able to change to override late policies right from where I am viewing and grading my students' work. This would also help in re-grading resubmissions that students have corrected per my suggestions.

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

Hi there, I wonder if the October release will resolve this: SpeedGrader - Submission Status Label Edits: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases/Canvas-Release-Notes-2021-10-16/ta-p/485921#toc-h...