[Pages] Fix needed - unaware 'prerequisite' text is clickable

Problem statement:

when a student accesses a locked page that has pre-requisite , the 'pre requisite' text shows no indication it is clickable. So they can't see list of missing items they need to complete.. (if the list is collapsed). When I hover over the text, my cursor does not change to a 'hand' symbol like it does when hover over blue navigation links on left or 'previous' and 'next' buttons on page.

Proposed solution:

Make it easier to see list of prerequisite items automatically as a student, when landing on a page or assignment (this course as hidden the modules tab on purpose). Remove the need to expand / collapse missing items on pages and assignments.

User role(s):

student

5 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

tslee
Community Participant

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 10.13.40 AM.png

Screenshot of the problem I am referring to. It isn't obvious that this text is clickable. So if it is collapsed, and the modules tab on left is not available.... then as a student, I have no idea what I need to complete or what is missing.

TonyRamey
Community Member

Many state required certification programs that could otherwise be run through Canvas call for timers to insure learners are engaged for a specified minimum number of minutes, hours, etc.  Is anyone at Canvas working on adding a third party app that might accommodate these requirements by timing pages and other non-quiz related activities in a course?  I would be interested in using Canvas for an online driving school program in Texas.  I  am a certified Canvas user Professor at Collin College now, but I run a driving school as well. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme