[Peer Review] Add due date for completing peer review

Situation

The due date of the assignment reminds students to complete the assignment in time. When peer reviews are enabled students don't have an indication or reminder to complete the peer reviews before a certain date and time. When a teacher wants to access the given reviews, it would be necessary that the reviews have been added by students before the scheduled date and time.

Suggested solution

Add a reviews due box with which a date and time can be entered:

219017_pastedImage_3.png

Also have this due date reflected in the To Do Lists and trigger notifications based on the user notification settings.

The guides How do I know if I have a peer review discussion to complete? and How do I know if I have a peer review assignment to complete? currently contain the text: Note: Currently the Due Date in the To Do List does not accurately display the due date for completing your peer review. If details about your peer review are not already included in the details of your assignment, please contact your instructor.

This would removes the confusion about the date in the To Do list and the notes in these guides could then be removed.

219018_pastedImage_9.png

Note: please also vote for https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/8148-respecting-sections-when-automatically-assigning-peer-rev... 

Added to Theme

59 Comments
jwr0015
Community Explorer

Please, in the name of all that is good and pure in this world, make this happen! As a writing teacher that assigns lots of peer reviews, this is something I have needed since I started using Canvas in 2014.
The peer review due date could be displayed to students in association with the assign peer reviews executable command. the assigning of the peer reviews should trigger the display of the review and date in the To Do and the Assignment summary on the syllabus page as well as kicking out an assignment notification for students who have them setup.

Have I said please enough? No?
Please build this feature. For the band? (think Scott Pilgrim) For the band?
Seriously though, P L E A S E.

rebecca_denham
Community Participant

We still need this! Please!

sfwrong
Community Member

Adding my voice to this, desperately needed.

trangntt
Community Explorer

This is a really necessary for us. Please let this happen. Thank you. 

JERVA
Community Novice

This request has been sitting around for 5 1/2 years.  I've been watching it for almost 2 years now since my university announced a switch to Canvas.  Can you please, PLEASE move this request to a higher priority?  I don't think it would be very hard to implement...

jwr0015
Community Explorer

Should we hire someone to come in and post inappropriate content here so we can report them . . . and actually GET SOMEONE TO LOOK AT THIS THREAD!?!

ilovell
Community Contributor

This addition would be very beneficial to both teachers and students. Students frequently miss the items they need to review which would help teachers not have to remind them.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme