Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you!!

G_Petruzella
Community Champion

Hey  @jbuchholz , awilliams - pinging you just in case you want to check out the bookmarklet I've whipped up:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14052-printable-quizzes-code-snippet 

ronmarx
Community Contributor

When I get a chance later on next week, I'll take an analytical look at the printing feature in the Canvas Assessments area.

tdcrow
Community Member

I noticed that this request started in 2015.  It is now 2018, and exporting a quiz to a PDF/printing option should be incorporated into the program by now.  Please review this request again.

jason_ferns
Community Novice

As a distance education school this will be extensively used for our students that have internet access issues. As most content is created online it is good to be able to easily create a printable version for our students.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

The Radar‌ idea stage has been removed from the Feature Idea Process.  You can read more about why in the blog post Adaptation: Feature Idea Process Changes.

This change will only impact the stage sort of this idea and will not change how it is voted on or how it is considered during prioritization activities.  This change will streamline the list of ideas 'open for voting', making it easier for you to see the true top voted ideas in one sort, here.

taracivitillo
Community Novice

This is one of the biggest hurdles in getting complete buy-in from our staff.

s_r_vanderlee
Community Novice

I think this would be a great idea! If someone is unable to join Canvas in time, this could make is possible to share the quiz. Moreover, it could be easy to print the quiz, not everybody likes to take quizes via Canvas.

mikeg
Community Participant

For folks interested in exporting student responses to open ended questions this link seems promising.

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/8037?commentID=28181#comment-28181 

reymond1_quan
Community Novice

printing quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, are good opportunities for us to give necessary accommodations for ELL students, those with IEP, and those with 504 plans.