Printable / PDF-exportable quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas
The Quiz Build page provides quiz printing options. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-08-21).

As an instructor, I want to be able to export a Canvas quiz as a PDF. This would enable me to easily print quizzes for the purpose of accommodation, for allowing a given student to take a quiz outside the timeframe established for the quiz for all other students, etc.

transferred from the old Community

Originally posted by: Pacific Union College admins

Special thanks for contributions from: Betsy Walker, John Louviere

Community Team Note: This idea remains open for voting. A virtually identical idea was moved forward for consideration in March: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/7285-exporting-quizzes-into-word-or-pdf-documents  Contrary to our customary practice, we are allowing both ideas to continue to move forward. Votes and feedback from both ideas will be evaluated.

341 Comments
SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for all of the feedback. We're doing discovery for the scenarios of Print for a Student to Take, Print as Student Answered and Print a Sample Answer Key. The roadmap will be updated soon to communicate anticipated delivery. When we enter discovery and design phases, we've been updating the product blog TL;DR. Be sure to subscribe to the TL;DR if you would be interested in giving feedback. 

JMonahan2
Community Member

This is a must have.

dsheil1
Community Explorer

Please, please, please

koranskm
Community Explorer

I hope this gets pushed up. I know how important accessibility is to Canvas. A common accommodation we see at my institution is a printed exam. There is currently no easy way to provide this for students without risking cutting off a part of the quiz. Crossing fingers!

SuSorensen
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Here is an update on quiz printing. It isn't out to beta yet, but will be coming soon

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/The-Product-Blog/The-Much-Anticipated-Printing-Quizzes-Option/ba-...

gabriel_martine
Community Explorer

Yes, please, there are many situations in which this would be very helpful, including cases of computer malfunction, disability accommodation, etc.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Quiz build page includes options to print a quiz with and without answers. This change allows quizzes to be printed in an offline format. For more information, please read through the  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-08-18)

We haven't marked this idea "Completed" in that it requests printable quizzes as well as the ability to export directly to a PDF. Nevertheless, the upcoming release fulfills a significant part of this request.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

We've changed the stage for this idea to On Beta, and will mark it complete when the deploy is implemented. If you still need an export-to-PDF solution, please continue to add your comments and ratings to the companion idea,  Exporting quizzes into Word or pdf documents

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Update: This is now coming in the 8-21-2021 release.

CHahn3
Community Novice

Can you allow the option to print the quizzes?