Quick Toggle Student View

Being able to toggle into Student View within my classes in order to double- and triple-check to make sure "everything is as it should seem" is a wonderful feature built into Canvas.

FEATURE IDEA: Have a quick toggle button located at the upper-righthand navigation that allowed me to toggle Student View ON/OFF easily, would improve my workflow and efficiency in setting up new assignment / pages / etc.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-12-19) - Canvas Community

79 Comments
jbarrios
Community Member

It would be nice and more efficient to have the "View As Student" from any page in the course instead of just the home page. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: On Beta

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Comments from Instructure

The Student View button displays in supported individual Canvas pages. This change allows instructors to view individual pages using the Test Student more quickly.

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2020-12-19) - Canvas Community 

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this conversation. Your investment in this idea helped refine an idea that is now part of Canvas!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

Steven_S
Community Champion

@dan_baeckstrom   These improvements to the test student are great!  Do you have any ideas about updates that might address these related requests? 

Student-View-Bypass-Prerequisites

Set-progress-for-Test-Student

Specific-Real-student-view

Student-view-but-before-publishing-a-quiz-assignment

dan_baeckstrom
Community Explorer

@Steven_S Thanks for kind words. Unfortunately, I have very little experience with the issues you list. At a brief glance, the suggested ideas seem to require access to the server, and if so would fall outside of the scope of a browser extension.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed