[Rubrics] Complete rubric grading with single click

Problem statement:

currently when grading rubrics with points using speed grader and students earn full credit in each category it takes a lot of time and clicking to complete the rubric. For example some of the rubrics have more than 12 different categories to click, as they are set by my university. This takes up valuable time clicking boxes that could be spent interacting with my students. Therefore students are not getting as much engagement and feedback as they could be if there were a remedy that allowed all of the rubric categories to be selected with a single click.

Proposed solution:

when students earn a perfect score in each category of the rubric, which is often the case in my courses, it would be excellent to have a button to click in speedgrader that will automatically select the highest score in each of the rubric categories so that I do not have to spend time clicking rubrics when students earn a perfect score. This will not in any way reduce the quality of my grading because I still always provide written feedback in the comment box and I would still hand click any students who do not earn a perfect score in all categories. This would potentially save me several hours per week from clicking boxes and therefore allow me to spend more time engaging and providing feedback with my students. I feel that this would greatly benefit students because it would allow other instructors to spend more quality time engaging with students as well.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

1 Comment
SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme