[Rubrics] Rubric Export

It would be great if canvas would allow a rubric to be exported to a word doc, csv format or pdf so that rubrics can be used in class instruction or provided to students with assignment description and syllabi. Currently, a rubric can be printed but not downloaded so it cannot be shared digitally without recreating the document, which, is a waste of time.

Added to Theme

69 Comments
GEGonzales
Community Novice

Hi everyone,

It's finals time and assessment time. It would be really great if we could export rubric data to help us with student trends and progress made from our curriculum changes.

Looks like lots of users need this feature. Please put this on the priority list.

Thank you so much,

GG

tjr1
Community Participant

This would be an excellent idea as many students and teachers find having access to a rubric in other formats - such as print or PDF.

adaryn
Community Explorer

This would be great! Our University is going to start using Inspera for digital exams and would need this function!

jschmidt3
Community Explorer

We need rubric data exported for accreditation purposes.

MoatazKhan12
Community Explorer

This is extremely important function to have! my university professors all requested this from me as an admin yet I couldn't help them. 

hansaagard
Community Explorer

As an instructional designer I'd like to be able to export a rubric that worked well in one course to another course. 

KevinRoe1
Community Novice

absolutely!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

micciclr
Community Explorer
Problem statement:

Users are unable to download and save the rubrics they create. As a result, it is very difficult to share a self-created rubric outside of Canvas without clunky workarounds like taking screenshots.

Proposed solution:

Users should be able to download the rubrics they create so that they can share them outside of Canvas.

User role(s):

instructor