[Scheduler] Scheduler recurring events

I should be able to use the scheduler to set up appointment slots for office hours for one week and then have an option for Canvas to automatically create the same schedule on subsequent weeks.

Added to Theme

87 Comments
rafe_sholer
Community Explorer

@stiber so true. I can't in good faith recommend an otherwise great LMS if there's nobody listening to the users. Blackboard actually does listen. Did you hear that Canvas HQ?! I bet not. 

What is the point of this forum. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: In Development

dhulsey
Community Champion

@Stef_retired What great news to wake up to! I have to admit that before the pandemic, I never used the scheduler. This morning I’m about to head into the office and I know that I have students scheduled to meet with me during my office hours, but I set the appointments far enough apart to allow for social distancing. It’s so much better than having a line of students at my office door. Making the scheduler easy to use with recurring appointments would be an amazing improvement. Hey, I hope you guys take a deep look while you’re digging around in that code to see what else could be done to make this tool even better. 😀

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@dhulsey  I'm glad we brought some sunshine to your morning—and as soon as we have more information to share, we'll post an update here. 🙂

rafe_sholer
Community Explorer

@Stef_retired Woo, finally. 

Just let us know if/when it's done. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi! With the start of a new year, Instructure has adjusted the Product Roadmap and priorities. Instructure hopes to revisit this idea again in the future.

dhulsey
Community Champion

@KristinL , I might just cry. The scheduler is so painful to use. If it were easier to use the scheduler, more faculty would use it. I go through the pain of using it, and my students love the ability to easily schedule an appointment with me in my office or on Zoom. Anyway, just saying! 

samantha_charne
Community Member

Status changed back to "Open for Conversation" ?? This is a big disappointment. Listen to your users, Canvas.

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Our product team still has this on their list of enhancements. However, sometimes at the beginning of the year, priorities are slightly adjusted.

We want to be as transparent as possible with the status of each idea so you aren't left without false hope.

To help everyone know what the product team is working on, we only mark ideas as in development if they will be developed and released within the next six months (or even better, if they're part of the roadmap for the current quarter).

Thanks!

Erin

rafe_sholer
Community Explorer

@erinhmcmillan @Stef_retired  Wow so canvas doesn't care what users want at all. Thanks for the false hope. 👍