Show all question details in quiz and question bank

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote Wed. July 1, 2015 - Wed. October 7, 2015  Learn more about voting...

The question detail shown within a quiz and within a bank does not show all details.  Images are attached to illustrate the problem.  The first image shows the question in the editor and thus all details  The second image shows the question detail for the same question displayed within a quiz.  Note that general comments are not displayed in the detail.  The third image shows the question detail for the same question from within the quiz bank.  Note the general comments are not displayed and the correct answer is not displayed.

The user shouldn't have to edit the question to view all of the question details in a quiz or question bank.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-10-08)

*Note:  We recognize that only one element of this feature idea was implemented, however we are marking it as 'in beta'.  This is an example of why we work so hard to have ideas submitted as individuals - so that they can be easily tracked and updated!

29 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

For those following this feature, and running into the 50 question cap, you may want to follow

cchance
Community Novice

Thanks. But this is not what I wanted. I found another one that is more what I want. It doesn't have many votes because I truly think people don't realize they are out there. I don't want to see details in a question bank. I want to be able to see the details for a test. I want to be able to view details within a test not a test bank. Right now if the test itself is more than 25 questions you have to click on each question to preview and edit it. I don't think you all realize how time consuming that is for a teacher.

cchance
Community Novice

is the one that more relates to what I want. But I want up to 100 questions and not just through 75. Most of my tests are more than 75 questions.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

So you want this one,  @cchance ​-- --and the comment from Jason Sparks implies that it will be part of the Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine project.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Whoop, no, sorry about that,  @cchance ​--I just realized that the link specifies question banks. But I would refer you to the conversation here-- --and the comments made there about the work being done on the quiz refactor project still hold.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-10-08)

*Note:  We recognize that only one element of this feature idea was implemented, however we are marking it as 'in beta'.  This is an example of why we work so hard to have ideas submitted as individuals - so that they can be easily tracked and updated!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @enorthrup  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @mdurler ​,  @James ​,  @kent_ratajeski ​,  @crafte ​,  @quz2 ​,  @cchance ​, stefaniesanders for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

quz2
Community Participant

** Oct. 4, 2016 ** To be specific, the one element of this feature idea that was implemented was "question details" are available for Question Banks of up to 50 questions, with the correct answer indicator (1'32", ). In a quiz, question details are still limited to 25 questions.

cchance
Community Novice

Thanks. The is the one that I submitted Smiley Happy

tiru_srinivasan
Community Novice

We definitely need to be able to scan the entire exam (all questions and answers) on one page to edit an answer