[SpeedGrader] Ability to move through all assignments for one student in speedgrader

As I am looking at the speedgrader assignments, one feature that would be great would be that instead of per assignment, moving from student to student, but by student, moving from assignment to assignment. I am probably not the only one who has thought of a need to pick one student and then review their first assignment, second, third, etc. as teachers do that sometimes when they have to create a final grade. Right now, I have to back up each time to speedgrader to pick the next assignment and reopen speedgrader again.

Added to Theme

132 Comments
DanaGullo
Community Member
Problem statement:

I know in speed grader I can advance to the next student without having to go back to the grade book, but it would be helpful to go to the next assignment on the same student in the Speedgrader.

Proposed solution:

Add a filter in the Speedgrader to select an individual student and be able to advance to the next assignment for that one student,

User role(s):

instructor

astarnes1
Community Member
Problem statement:

Submitting for a teacher: It would be much more efficient if Speedgrader had an option to follow a student from assignment to assignment instead of having to exit and then re-enter for the next assignment.

Proposed solution:

While in Speedgrader, teachers would have the same student dropdown list as they do now. However, once they are on specific student, they could have an arrow to click on that would scroll to that same student's next assignment and so on. This would keep them from having to exit speedgrader, choose the next assignment, enter speedgrader, and scroll to the same student. This teacher was looking for a way to quickly scroll through an individual student's submissions.

User role(s):

admin