[SpeedGrader] Button to submit all speedgrader draft comments at once

A feature added to, or parallel with,  posing hidden grades to post all comments made & saved but not posted themselves would be great.  Post comments in bulk, is what we're getting at.  Its tough to scroll through a roster and individually post comments student by student - comments that have not yet been posted, but just saved.

Added to Theme

Improve Gradebook settings options Theme Status: Identified

7 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Thanks for sharing this idea, @JACOBSEN_C . Are your instructors using the process described in  How do I post grades for an assignment in the Grad... to post comments?

JACOBSEN_C
Community Contributor

They are adding comments but not posting them; the comments are saved per the relatively recently added feature that saves them.  After, the instructor chooses to post grades and students are reporting to them that they are not seeing comments and the instructor informs me that they have to "go in and manually post comments for each student".

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

MichelleLotze
Community Member

To add to this, it'd be convenient if just selecting to move on to the next student in Speedgrader would automatically submit the comment, instead of having to select Submit and Next.

rake_9
Community Champion

I'll weigh in to support this idea.  I understand the need to not post comments immediately; one might want to revise earlier comments after having read through more submissions. However, having to go back to manually post each comment is beyond tedious, especially with large courses.

At the very least, it would be useful if the descriptive text on the menu to post grades included a reminder that unposted / unsaved comments would remain invisible to students.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme