[SpeedGrader] Teachers should be able to click and drag a saved comment

Problem statement:

Allow the teacher to click and drag a saved comment in speed grader to shorten the time of grading. Turnitin already has this feature, but it would also be great to have this feature in Canvas as well. The teacher would put quick marks in, and then the teacher can just click and drag the saved comment to the paper. The teacher would be able to click and drag a saved comment to the assignment.

Proposed solution:

Make it where teachers can click a saved comment and then drag the saved comment to the place the comments needed in a paper.

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @Missie_Meeks086 -

Thank you for sharing this idea! 

In the Problem Statement, it feels like you are mostly describing your proposed solution. Would you mind explaining a "challenge" that you experience that would warrant this need/solution? That would clarify the issue you're trying to resolve. Feel free to edit! The problem statement doesn't need to be very long, but it will help others understand your idea.

What are the guidelines for submitting a new idea? 

Missie_Meeks086
Community Participant

PROBLEM: You asked for more clarity for the saved comment click and drag solution like Turitin has had for many years. 

The problem is that I have to type fragment on the essay 10 times if the student has 10 fragments in the essay. That takes a lot of time when grading essays to write redundant issues that I have to typed

on the essay in Speedgrader. I hope this info helps. fragment 10 times in the paper.  That takes up a lot of time. 

SamGarza1
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Added to Theme