[Speedgrader] Viewing Option for completed graded assignments

In Speedgrader: an option to view the number of completed graded assignments (similar to what is provided in the grade book)

Numerator: number of assignments graded
denominator: number of assignments submitted

8 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@msparker ‌, in Speedgrader, I can see the number of assignments I've graded in the bar at the top:

344172_graded assignments in speedgrader.png

This is also depicted in the View Assignment Details section of https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-25112 

Would you please elaborate on how your request differs from the existing functionality?

Thanks.

msparker
Community Participant

Apologies Stefanie, one of our instructors made requests for Canvas Improvements and I told him I would pass the requests along. I wasn't quite sure of the request for this one, here is the original request: 

Instructor Request: List of number completed not over total but over total submitted
Canvas Response: That is shown on the Assignment page, it states how many Graded and Ungraded submissions that appear.
 Instructor Response: Yes that is what is needed on the Speed grader page. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks,  @msparker ‌. Would you please edit the idea to specify that the instructor wishes the numerator to represent the number of assignments graded and the denominator to represent the number of assignments submitted, rather than, or in addition to, the total number of students that currently represents the denominator?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@msparker ‌, following up here: if you would still like this idea to move forward for voting on behalf of the instructor who requested it, would you please edit the description to specify how they would like to see the existing display in Speedgrader changed?

msparker
Community Participant

Apologies for not catching the first response from a few weeks ago, thanks for following up with me Stefanie!

steelea
Community Explorer

HI! I'm here for this request.

Did it get clarified?

The issue is that I want to know how many submissions I have left to grade, but the SpeedGrader shows me how many graded out of how many students I have.... not helpful.

The numbers on the left should be:

19/ _number of submissions_     

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.00.14 PM.png

nathanatkinson
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme