[Assignments] Thumbnail view of assignment submissions

Problem statement:

As a teacher, I sometimes want to spot-check assignments to see if students did the right work, but don't necessarily need to see the entire assignment. Sometimes SpeedGrader takes a while to load documents and grading is therefore slowed significantly.

Proposed solution:

I think it would be very helpful to have a view that allows for thumbnail previews of student submissions (like how Google Classroom does it). This would allow for a quick spot check to ensure the correct assignment has been submitted. Sometimes SpeedGrader takes a while to load documents too, so this would be very helpful for quick checks of submissions.

User role(s):

instructor

3 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Seeking Clarity

Hi @bbaughman1 - 

Where do you specifically envision seeing this thumbnail preview in your workflow? Do you want to hover over the submission in the Gradebook? Are you hoping to have the thumbnail as an option in Speedgrader for quicker loading?

If you could add a little more detail to help Community Members who are not as familiar with Google Classroom understand your proposal more clearly, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @bbaughman1  -

I hope you are doing well! If you are unable to provide an update regarding this idea by April 7, we will need to archive it to help the Community Team focus on current Ideas. If you need more time, that's okay too! Providing an update before that time would be helpful and appreciated. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Will Not Consider