Buttons in your Canvas Course

CanvasJackie
Instructure
Instructure

Have you ever wondered how teachers create beautiful courses with graphic buttons that link to places within their course and even to external resources? Well, now you too can make your course not only appealing to the eye but also functional for your students or users. Any image can be used to create a button. To upload an image to your course follow these simple directions. This guide will help with creating links within your course. In the Rich Content Editor rather than linking text, select your picture to create a button that hyperlinks to content within your course. You can also add hyperlinks outside of your Canvas course using these simple steps

Here are a few of my favorite web-based free programs to create buttons in my Canvas courses. 270473_Buttons in your Canvas Course.png

4 Comments
mjoaquin
Community Participant

Canva is my personal fav for design. I love the email header size for course banners! Here is an example of a PD course with clickable icons/buttons linked to modules. All designed in Canva. 

270061_pastedImage_1.png

pdarlingfacio
Community Participant

I agree and love Cavna. They have a ton of free tutorials you can use to get up to speed. I have been creating course cards in Canva and banners to use in my online courses. I am going to start doing some badges next.Thanks for the great sites.

Canvas Tools Course Card

Boekenoogen
Community Contributor

Have you thought of using Kennethware? There are some great items that can be used to build courses.

Millernr
Community Explorer

Thanks Jackie!  These are great resources for creating unique course buttons.  I've used Canva before, but I'll have to try your other suggestions.