cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielleBowers
Community Member

Buttons side by side?

Hi! I am very new to HTML coding in Canvas. I found a great template to create my buttons, but they only show up one per line. I really would like to get them two or even three per line. How do I do that? I would need specific instructions as to where to place the proper coding as I am so new to this. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @DanielleBowers ...

Depending on the size of your button images, you should be able to add those side-by-side without really needing to mess with the HTML too much (or really at all).  If your buttons are large in size, I would first recommend re-sizing them outside of Canvas using a graphics editing program (you could use something as simple as Windows Paint on a PC).  Then, upload those button images to your course, and then add them to the page you are creating/building.  While editing your Canvas page, you would simply place your cursor on the page where you wanted to insert your button image, and then use these directions:

You can then click on those images and make them "clickable" by creating hyperlinks to other content in your course or other websites that you want your students to visit.  Instead of creating text links, you would highlight the button image, and then create the link that way.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!