Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

CanvasHacks Classroom

Jump to solution

8/15/2018 Update:  To sign up as a student, use this link:

This course has enabled open enrollment. Students can self-enroll in the course once you share with them this URL:https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/8R9H7B. Alternatively, they can sign up at https://resources.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 8R9H7B

@Chris_Hofer ,  @G_Petruzella  stefaniesanders, awebster

Hi folks, it looks like Scott the Magnificent has already created us a CanvasHacks public classroom to play in, and enrolled us as teachers.

Any thoughts on structure? I have a similar course that is mostly complete that I am preparing for my faculty that I could upload to provide a bit of structure. It is intended for non-coders, and has the following module structure:

• About HTML and the HTML Editor - DO NOT FEAR THE CODE!
  • Beginning Users
  • Intermediate users
  • Advanced users
  • Sharing (sharing has a discussion and links to external resoursces

However, I am not a pushy sort, so whatever anybody else wants, I am more than happy to go along with. I can always upload stuff a piece at a time and fit it where I can.

My "lessons" are all one page, and include:

• A brief description
  • The code snippet
  • Anatomy of the code snippet where I identify those components that are easy to modify by novices like myself
  • Instructions for use
  • Troubleshooting, and
  • Sometimes some obvious variations based on changes to parts of the code (colors, sizes, positions etc. - the minor stuff)

Let me know what your think!

Oh yah, and I also have a hokey Home page, because that's just the kind of guy I am:)

4 Solutions
scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Great idea, Kelley.

I created a course shell in resources.instructure.com.  It looks like well over 60 people have already requested either student or teacher level access.  Those of you with teacher level access, feel free to invite your friends.  Anyone else interested, please comment to that effect.   @kmeeusen ​ and the super helpful  @bowmanr ​ have been great about going in and inviting folks. 

Thanks

Scott

View solution in original post

saw2112

Since I can't seem to find the message button, can you please add me as a student?

swnager1@dccc.edu

Thanks,

- Sarah W

mmoore1
Community Contributor

Great Resource.  Thanks!

Hi @MariaMatheas2 

DM me in this community with your first and last names and your email address, and I will enroll you.

Kelley

Tags (1)
1,006 Replies

Hi Kelley,

I was having the same issue.  Was I supposed to create a new Canvas login and not use my institutional one?  just wanted to check.  I have checked my junk and clutter folders and do not have an invite as yet.

Thanks

Mariah

Mariah:

Your institution's login credentials are only good for your institution's instance of Canvas.

When you follow the link in your invitation email (which I just resent), you should be prompted to create an account at Resources.Instructure. Once you do that the Canvas Hacks Demo Course will become available to you.

Or: You can self-enroll in the course using this  URL: https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/8R9H7B. Alternatively, they can sign up at https://resources.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 8R9H7B

I hope this helps,

Agent K

Hello Keley,

I seem to have had the same problem.  Is it because I have 2 canvas accounts One school and one IU?  I didn't see in my junk but may have missed it.  tmercer@msddecatur.k12.in.us.  I even asked my IU instructors and they thought it was a class at instructurecon this summer. 

Tonya:

Your institution's login credentials are only good for your institution's instance of Canvas.

When you follow the link in your invitation email (which I just resent), you should be prompted to create an account at Resources.Instructure. Once you do that the Canvas Hacks Demo Course will become available to you.

Or: You can self-enroll in the course using this  URL: https://resources.instructure.com/enroll/8R9H7B. Alternatively, they can sign up at https://resources.instructure.com/register and use the following join code: 8R9H7B

I hope this helps,

Agent K

mtuten
Community Contributor

Now I'm in! I needed the URL with the code at the end. ^^

Yeah!

Glad you got it to work! You are still my new bestieSmiley Wink

Kelley

Hello Kelley,

Maybe I'm not smart enough for this class lol.  I checked my junk nothing.  Then I went to self enroll and it says my email is already in use. I am so confused.  I may try to enroll using my personal email and hope that works.

Thank you,

Tonya

Tonya:

I show that you have accepted your invitation with this login user name: tmercer@maddecatur.k12.in.us

You should just be able to navigate to the site and use your password to login.

https://resources.instructure.com/courses/443/users

Keep me posted!

Agent K

Hey  @tmercer ​,

If you still can't get in, the 'I forgot my password' link doesn't help, etc, please let us know.  I can always delete your account at the root level and re-add you.

I'm in!  I love it!

mtuten
Community Contributor

The email hasn't come through and my spam folder is empty Smiley Sad

It was sent to mtuten@clemson.edu?

mtuten
Community Contributor

I have already created an account on resources.instructure.com, so I'm not sure that I can enter in the join code.

I tried going to Courses to maybe see if I could browse for the course, but the list was empty and clicking "show all courses" (or whatever the equivalent is) just opened a blank page...

Sorry, your new bestie is apparently a noob at this. :smileysilly:

misemer4

Hi Kelley!

I would like student access please!

My email address is misemer4@tampabay.rr.com

Thanks so much!

Nicole Misemer

It's Done, Nicole!

Enjoy!

lalesi

Please add me lalesi@jerichoschools.org to the course.

Thank you

Linda

lauren_sayer
Community Contributor

Could I have teacher access please?

Amanda_L_Albrig
Community Contributor

Hello,

Would be possible to have access to the Canvas Hacks course site?

amanda.l.albright@dartmouth.edu

Thank you,

Amanda

Done! Smiley Happy

Awesome, Scott. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad

ham_73

Hi Kelley,

Could I please have instructor access to the CanvasHacks Classroom?

Thanks!

Marcia

hsiao_62
Community Member

This sounds fantastic! Would you mind adding me as an instructor as well? Thank you so much Smiley Happy

hochmucr
Community Participant

I am late to the party, but please add me to the Canvas Hacks Classroom.

hochmucr@lps.wels.net

Done Carl

hunter

@KelleyMeeusen

Could two of us get access tot he Canvas Hacks classroom please?

hunter@suu.edu

petersent@suu.edu

Done Jennifer

ldraves

Hi Kelley, I would like to be added to the course as well!

Thanks!

Email: ldraves@vcacademy.info

Done Laurance

penny_christens
Community Participant

Thank you for being so sharing! WOuld you send me an invite as a Teacher? penny.christensen@hallco.org
Thanks!

Done Penny

Thanks - I have already used the tabs HTML and see many other future uses n the short term. *High Five*

junyang8

Kelly,

This sounds great. Could you give me access to the space?

Thank you!

junyang8@umd.edu

sbeck1
Community Champion

I would be interested in being added to this course as an student, please.

Shandy:

I believe you sent an email to me at work, I enrolled you and sent you a reply.

Check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, shoot me an email address again, and I will get this done for you.

Agent K

michaels
Community Participant

I would like to be added as a student please.

Jenny MIchaels

tvthomas

I'd like to have student access to this, too, please -- wanna use code in my classrooms.

Tonya:

Awesome! As soon as you shoot me your email, I will get you hooked up. Easiest way is to send me a follow request, and when I acept and follow you, you will be able to private message me with the address.

Agent K.

kerri_wall

Please add me to the course.  Thanks!

Email: kerri.wall@indianriverschools.org

Done! Smiley Happy

tlandry

Can I have teacher access too? tlandry@hershey.k12.pa.us

Done! Smiley Happy