Feedback on Essay and File Upload Quiz Questions

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you to  @mmoore1 ‌ for asking a question about how faculty can write comments on essay questions in quizzes. I wasn't sure whether the question was for Essay or File Upload questions and wanted some more experience with them so I made a video showing things from the student to teacher perspective and back again.

A comment on the Canvas Guides document How do I create an Essay quiz question? caught my eye: "Note: Any general answer comments are visible as soon as a quiz is submitted and cannot be hidden from students." I had not thought how useful it could be to give students immediate feedback in between the "you've submitted the quiz" to the final score and feedback.

In the embedded silent video I show how the general feedback is visible to students immediately upon submission. I also show how neither the File Upload or Essay question types allow for inline commenting in the SpeedGrader. A File Upload assignment this is not. It's also not yet an option to limit the type of file that can be uploaded. 

1 Comment