How to customize a page based on student data

kelleyk2
Community Member

I would like to customize my front page based on student data. In particular, I would like to have a table of modules, with the color of each cell indicating whether a student has completed the module or not. In the course, the student's final grades are based entirely on which modules they have completed, so being able to present this information to them in a concise way on the front page of the course would be ideal.

I know how to obtain the data I need from the API using jQuery, and I know how modify the color of a cell using javascript. The problem is that (for good reason) any scripting I add to a page is stripped out.

From what I've been able to dig up on these forums, there may be a way that an account admin can enable me to include custom scripting on my page. I've tried contacting our technology folks on campus, but they don't seem to know how to make this happen.

My plea to the community is this:

(1) If it *is* possible for an admin to allow a teacher to include javascript on a page, how do they go about doing that? Searches I've made so far haven't turned up any great information, and it would be nice to have a "how-to" ready to pass on to the admins.

(2) Is there some other way of accessing the API data to customize, on a per-student basis, the content of a page?

Labels (1)
0 Likes