Images not showing in Student View

Jump to solution
SA-2021
Community Explorer

I know this topic has been addressed many times before. I have googled, read the form and more but nothing is solving my problem.

I am responsible for administering and creating a lot of small courses. This means I frequently copy modules or whole courses into existing courses.  My current issue, is that the icons I used to design my pages are showing up in the instructor view and not the student view. The icon files are all available in the course files for the course in question. I both copied the folder with all the icons into the new course and re-uploaded the same files from my computer to the specific courses facing this issue. This problem occurs both with Safari and Chrome.  

The icons are all over the course, and to replace and re-upload every icon is not feasible, nor is it a practical solution for future courses.  This is extremely frustrating and and if anyone has a realistic solution, I would be extremely grateful.

This is what it looks like (pictures taken in the Chrome browser):

Teacher View:

Teacher ViewTeacher View

Student View:

Student viewStudent view

Labels (4)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
gulick_24
Community Participant

@SA-2021 I've had the same issue for several months, but for me, the students results are piecemeal... some students can see the images, some can't. I've tried numerous other solutions offered in the forums and asked students for screenshots (and context clues: browser, device, version of browser, etc.,) until students finally just say "it's fine, I don't care about the pictures". However, no student should have to deal with just file names popping up all over instead of the beautiful courses we put hard work into designing for them. I'm sorry I don't have a solution, but I offer solidarity. (And, of course, am following this thread for any hope of a solution.)

View solution in original post

I found a solution thanks to this https://pdcdeltacollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Images-and-Canvas-When-Blunder-Might-Be-Bette...

I downloaded all of the Canvas style icons then uploaded them to use to a free, public Flickr account and embed them into the Canvas pages.  It works perfectly. Just in case, I have problems with Flickr down the line, I created the page dividers/lines using Html code.  Any images that I wish to only show up on Canvas, I put into a program called Genially and then embed the Genially presentation back into Canvas.  

The general consensus on the internet is that the Canvas file system sucks and is best avoided. My Canvas courses look fantastic and they are 99% built on other website and Canvas is simply serving as a hosting hub.  I do really like Canvas but they are severely lacking in the page building department.

View solution in original post