Images on pages ... randomly resizing?

Jump to solution
sfrizelle
Community Contributor

Hello All,

We've been using Canvas for not quite a year. Many of our teachers are using a page as a front landing page and linking from there. In the past few months, I have had a handful of teachers tell me their images have randomly resized themselves. Each of these teachers are using tables and sizing the images with percentages. I personally created one of the pages myself - so I know how it was created. I have seen how the page has resized the images. So I know it has happened. I also checked to make sure the pages hadn't been recently updated or change. They had not.

I have called Canvas support - but as you can imagine - they couldn't help much. I don't blame them. Gremlins are very hard to track. If you believe in Gremlins at all. 

My question to you all is this: (1) Have any of you ever experienced this? (2) Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thank you for any insight you might be able to provide. Really appreciate it. 

Warm Regards,

Sara

1 Solution
themidiman
Community Champion

This happened to someone at our institution. For all the reasons above that ishar-uw mentioned I advised against the use of tables and recommended a redesign. Then someone found this note on the deploy from last month: (Scroll down to Rich Content Editor section)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-17628-canvas-deploy-notes-2019-08-28#jive_content_id_Interf... 

Image Size

Images added to the Rich Content Editor display in their natural size.

Explanation: When an image was added to the Rich Content Editor, setting a maximum width caused it to shrink. Canvas code has been updated to correct the behavior of shrinking images with a maximum width.

View solution in original post