cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harris60
Community Contributor

Is it possible to put javascript in pages?

Jump to solution

I am an instructor so I have 'teacher' level of access on my courses.

I would like to make sure my students see a message. What I would like to do is add a javascript prompt to the home page of my course.

<script>

var MessageRead= "";

do

{

var MessageRead=prompt("You must schedule your first group meeting with your teammates before September 1. Go to Modules for details.\n\nType yes in the box below to indicate you have read this message.");

}while(MessageRead!="yes");

</script>

I know that the html tool in pages strips out script tags. Is there any way to add my own javascript to a page?

Thanks,

Michael

Tags (1)
12 Replies

Richard:

If you follow me, you can send me a private message in Jive, and include your email address so I can use it to enroll you.

Hover over my name next to my avatar to see my brief bio, and click follow. After I acknowledge your follow request, hover over my name and choose message, or click the message option in the top menu bar.

I hope this helps,

Agent K

Michael:

If you follow me, you can send me a private message in Jive, and include your email address so I can use it to enroll you.

Hover over my name next to my avatar to see my brief bio, and click follow. After I acknowledge your follow request, hover over my name and choose message, or click the message option in the top menu bar.

I hope this helps,

Agent K

laurakgibbs
Community Champion

I just published a post at my Canvas blog about how I do javascript in Canvas pages. It's a solution that works great for any faculty at my school since we have a Domain of One's Own project that gives faculty access to web hosting at Reclaim Hosting. Highly recommended as a way to get the most out of Canvas! Here's the post:

Become a Javascript Wizard in Canvas: HTTPS is the key

@kmeeusen ​ The CanvasHacks course sounds very interesting; can you enroll me? I have a demo course of some dynamic content that I guess would fall into the category of hacks, and I would like to share and also get more ideas to experiment with. Here's the course: Canvas Growth Mindset: Dynamic Content.

http://Canvas.MythFolklore.net

It would be nice to content with others who are experimenting with things like this. My school just started a soft roll-out of Canvas this semester but we are going campus-wide next year, and I'm trying to learn useful tips to share with other faculty at my school. We've been with D2L for over 10 years, so it's a huge change. 🙂