Let's do this!

ewander
Community Contributor

A new semester is upon us and this provides a great opportunity to get moving on your health goals. This summer my husband and I started juicing! I had the crap scared out of me while watching two documentaries (currently available on Netflix), Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and Fed Up. After that traumatic experience I decided to avoid sugar and get juicing. It may seem a bit daunting to get started, but I am here to tell you that it's totally worth it! My husband has lost about 15 pounds since we began this adventure, and I'm down 12 pounds. I have found it really interesting the way my body has handled this change, I have more energy and I don't have the need to eat as much as I used to.

Just to give you an idea, we juice for two meals a day and eat a high protein meal for the third. We are loving grilled chicken, turkey burgers and, my husband's favorite, turkey tacos. I steam broccoli ALL the time - hooray for Tupperware! We are also avoiding processed and fast food.

So, here we are, a few pounds lighter but also more secure in our cooking abilities (and cleaning abilities since we have to wash the juicer one to two times a day).

Watch those documentaries and give this a try. It's a little tough at the start, but you can do it. Promise.

Erin