Matching Questions

Jump to solution
seinunddasein
Community Member

Looks like Canvas has no interest in thinking about how matching questions are used by instructors.  First, as others have noted, no effort has been made to allow partial credit on matching questions.  And now I have discovered that question boxes are plain text, which means that it is not possible to use images to prompt responses.  We shouldn’t have to use bizarre workarounds to make this work.  Why do Canvas developers not respond?  I don’t see that there would be a deep structural programming issue to solve these problems.  So I guess they just don’t care.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @seinunddasein ...

Based on your posting, I am taking a guess that you may not be following the monthly Canvas Release Notes that are published here in the Canvas Community.  As you may know, current Classic Quizzes is being phased out, and in place of that will be New Quizzes.  (No further development is being done on Classic Quizzes.)  You can read more about all of this in the New Quizzes Users - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com) space here in the Community and Classic Quiz Sunset Timeline (Subscribe!) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  I'm not sure if your school has chosen to enable New Quizzes yet within your Canvas environment (check with your school's local Canvas administrator to be sure).  But, I think you'll be happy to learn that partial credit is just a few days away in New Quizzes.  Check out the Canvas Release Notes (2022-01-15) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  Specifically, take a look at the section on Feature Options >> New Quizzes >> Matching Questions Partial Credit.  These updates are coming to Canvas this Saturday.  Again, you would need to check with your school's local Canvas administrator to see if New Quizzes is turned on at your school in order for you to start trying this new option out on Saturday.

I hope this has brought some good news your way.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post