OneNote LTI and Grading in OneNote

Jump to solution
silversn
Community Member

I am currently trying to setup grading from the OneNote LTI to my Canvas courses so that I can grade from within the OneNote. I have created the notebook and the students are added and linked the notebooks following the direction given. The assignment is created in Canvas by OneNote but when I try to use OneNote to grade the names of students show up but there is no place to put a score in, as shown in the demos online... Thoughts?

1 Solution
silversn
Community Member

I have found the issue and fixed it. This issue is in the current iteration of the LTI and should be fixed soon according to Microsoft. In my case the names create in Canvas did not match the name created by the OneNote Classroom Notebook.

Canvas Name: Last_Name, First_Name Middle Initial

OneNote Classroom: First_Name Last_Name

The solution is to still follow all the steps to link the Notebook to the Canvas course as shown in the video. After you have linked the Notebook, you need to link each student's name in Canvas to the name given in the OneNote. This "Student Linking" is in the same tab as the Classroom Notebook Linking. This is a rather large task but the techs I talked to at Microsoft are working on the solution with the variations between systems.

View solution in original post