Online Foreign Language Course Ideas
- Mark as New
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Report Inappropriate Content
06-26-2018 08:36 AM
I am an instructional designer creating a fully online French 1 course at a state college. This course will not have any face to face meetings. I am looking for interactive and creative ways for students to learn speaking, listening, reading and writing French. The professor is recording the lectures and other informational videos speaking French.
I already thought to incorporate:
- Conferences so that students can have conversations with each other and practice their speaking/audio comprehension skills for points or for studying
- Using Groups assigned by the teacher or self-sign up student groups for studying
- Discussions that post a video/audio and a separate writing discussion
- Video/audio assignment submissions with teacher feedback with audio/video
What are some other interactive ideas to incorporate in this course or any other foreign language course?
Higher Education Florida Schools, Colleges, and Universities Canvas User Engagement Instructional Designers Canvas Studio Find Answers