Online reservation tool for Canvas support sessions?

Jump to solution
anthonem
Community Contributor

Our institutional calendaring tool doesn't provide faculty the ability to make reservations online for our Canvas workshops and consultations. I've been doing some research into free/cheap tools in the world, but I'm not all that impressed. So far is seems like Reservio could work. Does anyone have experience with this and (hopefully) any other online reservation tools?

1 Solution
anthonem
Community Contributor

Final update...we went with Tockify, which embed beautifully into our website. We really wanted something that looks nice. Tockify is lacking in that it doesn't have a reporting dashboard, and it doesn't send automatic emails to faculty signing up for workshops. Thank goodness we have an administrative assistant that can take care of all that workflow. We found someone using Google apps that would have satisfied our needs: Event registration tool - Google Apps Script Examples  -- but Google calendars don't look very nice embedded into a website. 

We also chose Acuity Scheduling to handle our consultations signup -- they require more functionality than merely reserving a spot at workshops (for which Tockify works well) such as the automatic email reminders and the ability for faculty to "un-reserve" their spot by clicking a link in the email that Acuity Scheduling automatically sends out.

Thanks awilliams for your reply -- I think the Canvas scheduler would actually work well for institutions that load all their faculty into a course site.

View solution in original post