cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huettman
Community Participant

Real math assignments really real in canvas...really.

Hello, Canvas folks. Our little company is looking for people who would be willing to field test a new math product that we are working on. It extends the functionality of Canvas to that of a MyMathLab or WebAssign. It is 100% embedded within canvas via LTI, with no need for access cards or separate accounts for students or instructors. It's a completely modern homework management system with content that covers the range of high school/developmental math, with plans to expand that coverage. If you are looking for a math assessment system to compliment OER, looking to save students money on materials or are frustrated with the publisher based systems out there we would love for you to have a look and see if a free field test might be something you would be interested in. If you are indeed interested in any way, you can either follow and DM me here in the community or you can e-mail me @ jhuettman@link-systems.com.

37 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I was part of the group that piloted this product over the fall and my students really liked it (they wanted more quizzes like this compared to my regular ones in Canvas) and I also found it integrated seamlessly into my Camvas course and was pretty easy to use! 🙂

donna_gibson
Community Member

Is this for algebra, or other basic math such as fractions and decimals? 

Also, can you provide more info on what the tool includes and what you are looking for? Are you wanting to pilot again for a second version? 

huettman
Community Participant

Hi, Donna. The tool includes access to around 7,000 algorithmic questions from basic math all the way through trig. You can create formative or summative assessments. Better yet, here's a little video that explains what it does. https://youtu.be/iC8XyqPv7a0

We are looking for folks who will seriously use the system to deliver homework to their students in the spring semseter. Last semester was more beta testing and working our some of the kinks in integration and execution. This is what we are calling a field test.

Hi huettman

I shared this info with my Math faculty yesterday, and added the video link for them today.

Looks like a slick product, and I will accept the endorsement of  @kona ‌ any day!

Kelley

crafte
Community Champion

Is the tool 508 compliant?

We just went to their site and verified that it is. http://www.link-systems.com/

crafte
Community Champion

Thank you for the confirmation. Smiley Happy 

richardm
Community Participant

Hi Jeff

our math faculty are keen to trial this product Smiley Happy We're a K-12 school in New Zealand. Best contact here is Mr Andrew Firmedow (amf@shirley.school.nz)

Richard