Resetting Requirements, MasteryPaths Criteria, or Assignment Grades?

Jump to solution
kas200
Community Participant

Here's the situation: we've got a training course that has a SCORM presentation made in Adobe Presenter. We've loaded it into the course as a graded assignment and have then put the assignment in a module. Once a student passes the assignment, their grade gets passed-back into the gradebook and a Canvas quiz is released to them. 

I've tested the release two ways: once with the assignment and quiz in the same module, using MasteryPaths to release the quiz; and once with separating the assignment and quiz into separate modules and using requirements and prerequisites. Both methods work fine.

The real challenge is the piece I can't figure out: how can I reset a student's attempt? For this training course, students are required to pass training once a year. How can I re-lock the quiz so that they don't have access to it until they've completed the assignment again?

I've tried entering a "-" or "0" as the grade for the assignment with no success. For MasteryPaths, this brings up the "Locked until *** is graded" message, but I can still see the exam. With requirements/prerequisites, I can still see the exam since I've already taken it. Is there a way to reset module requirements, remove an assignment attempt, or keep MasteryPaths locked if a requirement is no longer met?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kas200 ,I did some testing and playing around with this and I can't see a way to relock it without actually changing something (so new content being added to the path or the requirements). Is there a reason you can't recreate this each year by making a copy of the assignment and quiz? You could even label it with the year so that way you've got it documented that they completed it for each year.

View solution in original post