saurilio
Community Participant

Setting Link Targets to "blank"

Jump to solution

Setting link targets to "blank."

How are folks doing this apart from going into the code? I'd like to have them open in a new browser tab.

Thanks!

#link

Tags (1)
1 Solution
themidiman
Community Champion

I don't know why it's not in the UI for the RCE when inserting a link for the first time, but after it's there use CTRL+K or CMD+K while the cursor is in the text for the link and this will show:

RCE Link Dialog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
themidiman
Community Champion

I don't know why it's not in the UI for the RCE when inserting a link for the first time, but after it's there use CTRL+K or CMD+K while the cursor is in the text for the link and this will show:

RCE Link Dialog

Amending my previous post, in my opinion the RCE link button should display this dialog window when clicked on with the mouse, but instead it just displays this:

Poor UI for Insert Link

If you use the CMD+K or CTRL+K keyboard shortcut you get this:

Good RCE link UI

Maybe it's explained somewhere else in the community why the discrepancy, but in my opinion it should be the exact same dialog regardless of whether one uses the keyboard shortcut vs the RCE link button in the RCE UI.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi saurilio...

In addition to the information that JEFHQ12951 has given you, it's also possible to do this:

1. While editing a page of content, place your cursor somewhere within the RCE (Rich Content Editor) and press Alt+F9 on your keyboard.  This will bring up a hidden menu.
  2. Highlight the text you'd like to make as a hyperlink (for example, "chocolate bar muffin" below)
  3. From the hidden menu, choose Insert >> Link.  This will bring up the Insert Link box that Jeffrey included in his response above.

Insert Link

Hope this helps.

GideonWilliams
Community Champion

Would also like to have this as the standard when adding a link to the module instead of this ridiculous feature:

311988_pastedImage_1.png

which does nothing at all for workflow.....

From Nov 2016 Links in a New tab on Module and what about this tab?‌ and the subsequent idea posted  - https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10144-link-to-external-url?sr=search&searchId=451f70e7-1809-42...

0 Kudos