cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicole_klues

Thumbnail Photo Gallery

Hi All,

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!  Quick question-I want to embed a thumbnail photo gallery in a page (or something similar).  Can someone steer me in the right direction on how to do this?  Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Nicole

7 Replies
JGarton
Community Contributor

Nicole,

Cincopa might work for you. You can upload media and it will provide you with a variety of "skins" to choose from to use to display your media on other sites by using the provided embedding code. One of the skins is a thumbnail arrangement. I've used this site to embed slideshows on our school websites, but not yet in Canvas. I like that some of their skins are responsive, meaning that they will format themselves to work on whatever device the user has. They offer free and paid subscription plans.

Hope this helps.

Janetta

Thanks, Janetta!  I hope your new year is off to a great start!

Best regards,

Nicole

clong
Community Champion

Thanks for sharing this Janetta! I just tried using Cincopa and it does work with Canvas. To get it to work I used the HTML embed code  for sites that don't support Javascript. One wierd thing that happened was I had a bunch of code show up on the page under the images so I just deleted everything after the iframe tag and it worked fine.

Here's an example page https://hbuhsd.instructure.com/courses/3/pages/cincopa

JGarton
Community Contributor

Very cool, Chris. I like the "skin" you chose. Glad to hear that it worked in Canvas, with a little tweaking.

Janetta

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

nicole.klues, JGarton,  @clong : Check out this just-published blog post: Easy Slideshow or Gallery in HTML

clong
Community Champion

Thanks for the heads up! That looks pretty cool.

k_ryall

Hi there, has anyone come across any alternatives to Cincopa.  Something entirely free?  I have seen the html solution but am eager to find something extremely simple to offer our teachers.