Transferring images into pages

Jump to solution
amanda_taintor
Community Contributor

I have attempted to copy a document from microsoft word directly into a canvas page. The microsoft document contains a Wordle document which won't paste into the canvas page. Anyone have any suggestions? The workaround which I did was to save the wordle as a .jpeg and insert into the page in that matter. The problem is this seemed to erase the alt text.

Any tips or tricks?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@amandataintor , copying anything from a Microsoft Word document into the Canvas Rich Content Editor is a tricky proposition at best. Text or images copied from Word tend to bring with them a lot of unwanted or unsupported code.

Having said that, I create word clouds with Wordle all the time. I use a screen capture program to capture the image, save it as a .png file, crop it as necessary, and then upload it through the Insert Content panel (Images tab) into the Canvas RCE. You can easily switch views to the HTML editor to edit the alt text to your liking.

If you need additional assistance with that last aspect of the editing process, please let me know.

View solution in original post