Unpublish sandbox?

Jump to solution
zal5010
Community Novice

This may be a dumb questions, but are you not able to unpublish your sandbox? I hit publish to test it out and show a colleague, and then the publish/unpublish buttons disappeared. I have done this before on other courses, and I just hit unpublish. However, once I hit publish in my sandbox, those buttons are nowhere to be found now and it's permanently published. This isn't a big deal since I don't have students in my sandbox—it's more of a curiosity thing.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@zal5010 ​, it's not a dumb question, but it's certainly an intriguing one. Theoretically, nothing differentiates a "sandbox course" from "any other course." Smiley Happy  According to the documentation (How do I publish my course?​), once your course contains a graded submission, you can no longer unpublish it. Since you don't have students in the sandbox, I wonder if you have perhaps used the Test Student in any fashion...and if any assignment submissions or quiz attempts you've performed as the Test Student are now prohibiting you from unpublishing the course.

View solution in original post