enhanceable_content in New Assignment Interface

dnaab
Community Member

Prior to our district upgrading to the New Assignment interface, I was able to design my assignment descriptions using Canvas' CSS enhanceable_content tabs style. With the new assignment upgrade, this still works, but in a funky way as described below (see image attachments to this post for an illustration). 

• When the student's assignment page opens, the tabbed elements appear fragmented.
  • After waiting 5-seconds to 1-minute, the description self-corrects and the tabs are displayed properly. 
  • Refreshing the page does not fix the issue, but sometimes scrolling to the description's bottom does.

Does anyone know a workaround or have updated HTML code to solve the issue that I am experiencing?

A Few Caveats:

• I remember when the new assignment interface was released in preview, there was a forum post by instructional designers about how their designs were not compatible. I thought Instructure said that they were re-evaluating the new interface based on designer feedback. 
  • I do not have the option to turn off the new assignment feature as that has disappeared from the course settings this year.
Labels (2)
0 Likes