cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porterb
Community Member

having trouble with badges

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use canvabadges, and I've gotten to the point where I've added a badge to a module, but when I click on it to configure the badge, it gives me an error message saying "Couldn't find valid settings for this link ".  I'm not sure which step I am missing.

Thanks,

Ben

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rledda
Community Champion

Hi @ @porterb ,

This message appears when some information is missing. Generally the issue is due to a wrong or missing key and secret number. In order to get that information please refer to the instructions provided here: Canvabadges

If you have the app already in your course go to Settings > Apps > Installed > Canvabadges > View app configurations > Edit. In "Consumer key" field put the number provided in the previous step.

Hope this helps.

Rosalie

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rledda
Community Champion

Hi @ @porterb ,

This message appears when some information is missing. Generally the issue is due to a wrong or missing key and secret number. In order to get that information please refer to the instructions provided here: Canvabadges

If you have the app already in your course go to Settings > Apps > Installed > Canvabadges > View app configurations > Edit. In "Consumer key" field put the number provided in the previous step.

Hope this helps.

Rosalie

View solution in original post

porterb
Community Member

I did get the key and secret number.  Hopefully everything's configured correctly.

Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 6.02.17 AM.png

@porterb , I've marked  @rledda ​'s response with the Correct Answer designation. If you still need assistance configuring Canvabadges, please feel free to post a reply!

rledda
Community Champion

Hi Benjamin Porte

I've checked in my accounts and the only difference between your screenshot and my configurations is the "Launch URL" field.

If I'm not wrong this field is automatically informed the first time you fill the share and secret number. So you don't have to modify anything.

Instead of the one you have now could you change it for this one: https://www.canvabadges.org/placement_launch

175191_pastedImage_3.png

Rosalie

porterb
Community Member

thanks so much, it is working now!  I'm making up badges like a mad man!  Hopefully they will add more to the functionality of this service, such as the ability to add badges to individual task, like a high score on a particular quiz.  Or perhaps if a student gets a high average on all their vocab assignments, they get a badge.

just spitballing!

thanks again