cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dejonghed07
Community Champion

How to identify Flash and Java content, data vs layout tables?

Jump to solution

Does anyone have ideas to clarify these areas of mobile-friendly course design that may be unclear to instructors?:

1. How to identify Flash and Java content within their Canvas courses
  2. Good examples of data tables and layout tables in Canvas (to demonstrate the difference on mobile)

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
d21585h
Community Contributor

While this is not the direct answer to your question. before we open courses, part of our QA process is to view the course in the mobile app. This helps to mitigate any issues like this and other occasional odd quirky issues that are mobile only issues.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
d21585h
Community Contributor

While this is not the direct answer to your question. before we open courses, part of our QA process is to view the course in the mobile app. This helps to mitigate any issues like this and other occasional odd quirky issues that are mobile only issues.

View solution in original post

dejonghed07
Community Champion

Thank you! Thanks a great general recommendation for faculty. If anyone has other how to's or examples that will help faculty check for these areas in their own courses, please let me know.

I know we are digging this up from the past, but we are working on building these kind of detections into our UdoIT tool, which is open source and available for anyone to use: UDOIT: Universal Design Online content Inspection Tool | Center for Distributed Learning

This isn't available yet, but hopefully by the end of the year. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for your response. We just completed 1 year of using Canvas and installing UDOIT is on our list of things to do. I saw the UDOIT presentation last year at InstructureCon. Will it be included in any presentations this year?

It will just be mentioned in a slide, but the person who heads the project Jacob Bates will be at the conference. You should meet up with him!