Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silversn

Microsoft Mix

Jump to solution

I am trying to use the Microsoft Mix LTI so my questions in the Mix will insert into the grade book, which is awesome. When I use the computer it works fine but when I use the Canvas App on the iPad or Safari on the iPad it will not show the questions and only shows the Mix as a video. Is anyone else using Mix on Mobile devices and having the same issue? Suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
myerdon01
Community Champion

I do remember in doing some research on PPT Mix, the only way it is visible on a mobile device is if you make it a video.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I did some simple testing of Office Mix and the LTI. I found that when you select to make a mobile compatible version, it will offer you a MPEG-4 video and not the HTML5 presentation you get when viewing on the web. The issue here is that your interactions/questions aren't going to work with the video, since it's just a video. I'm curious why the HTML5 version isn't supported on the mobile web (and app)? I need to do some more research. Anyone else?

When uploading to Mix I have also un-selected the create video option but when students try to access the video it says that it is not playable on mobile devices... It works fine when you go straight to the Mix link using the iPad but you have to hand enter the grades into Canvas (I think).

myerdon01
Community Champion

I do remember in doing some research on PPT Mix, the only way it is visible on a mobile device is if you make it a video.

lfrazier

Hi,

When I installed the LTI for MicrosoftMix it added the link to the left navigation as visible for all courses on my instance. Most of the LTI's  I've uploaded before have loaded to the left navigation in hidden mode. I'd like to do this. I called Canvas Support and they said I'd have to contact Microsoft... yeah right... Tried that first, no help there.  Does anyone know the custom code to place the Custom Field to default the link to hidden?

Thanks,

Lisaofficemix_custom_field_to_hide_on_left_navigation.png

kyrasma

I have been deeply involved with Mix and am developing an online workshop for faculty. I have added the LTI to my Canvas course, but it is not added in at Admin level. One oddity. The Mix video will play on the Canvas App for mobile devices....IF I have added it as an "external tool" to the module. However, if I use the Rich Content Editor and add the mix video using the External Tool, the video will NOT load on the mobile device, using the Canvas App!

I really do love this tool, but it does come with some quirks. Figuring them all out has been very time consuming. Like with adding subtitles with some of the tools....only my computer will bring up the window to do this, but then the subtitiles don't show in all instances. I would have to go back in and review again to figure out all those details.