Mobile Series on Canvas Live

sipej1
Community Explorer

I found the CanvasLIVE session on the Mobile Series: Discussions in the Palm of Your Hand to be very helpful as an Instructor. There seems to be better interaction with Discussion Board in the new Canvas Teacher App as well. Although we are limited with the design aspect of our courses (online instructors teach from a template) I will definitely spread the word on this tool to other Instructors in my office. I can see Instructors finding the mobile app for replying and interacting with students beneficial as it is more convenient than pulling up their laptop or waiting to get to a computer.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
rseilham
Community Champion

Hi Jamie Sipe‌, 

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you enjoyed the webinar. 

The Canvas Teacher App is exactly as you described it...a convenience when pulling out a phone can complete a task more efficiently than running to a computer.  When the mobile team came to UCF in September 2016, they focused on the "pain points" for instructors. These points were the times instructors had to take out their phone to complete a simple task like publishing content or adjusting points on an assignment. The app is still relatively new, but I think offers an incredible tool for faculty on the go. 

The redesign of the discussions are really important, as these aren't very good in the student app. I can't wait to see these new designs hit the student app as well. 

sipej1
Community Explorer
Author

Hi  @rseilham ‌!

I'm actually a graduate from UCF and remember they piloted Canvas with one of the classes I took with Glenda Gunter. Just thought I'd mention our UCF connection! 🙂

I used the Teacher Canvas App to grade the other day and loved it! I should have went with the 7 plus when I bought my iPhone ..#regrets lol.

Thanks for the reply.

Jamie

rseilham
Community Champion

Hi  @sipej1 ‌, 

That's awesome that you have the UCF connection. I graduated from 2c's masters program in Instructional Technology in 2009! Small world. I'm glad you like the Teacher App. It's just the beginning.