cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoangvu199181
Community Participant

Scorm Problem

Hi all, 

We are using SCORM for Assessment. I found that it takes really long time to makes the course load completely on the mobile app. How I can make the loading progress faster.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
dhulsey
Community Champion

How big is the Scorm package? Is it a simple interaction, or is it a large file with high resolution images, video, etc. If I had to guess, I would say breaking the SCORM package into several smaller parts would help, and you might check image resolution and things of that nature to make sure everything was mobile friendly. I hope that helps!

hoangvu199181
Community Participant

Hi Dallas,

My Scorm package only 2 - 3mb. It always shows an endless loading page every time I open it. That makes me really frustrating. I guess canvaslms has to download full content before display it.

Hello  @hoangvu199181 ,

I am not a SCORM expert - far from it but I'm not aware of any SCORM players that allow for progressive download (not just in Canvas).  I could very well be wrong about that but in my limited experience that is how the standard works.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I agree with  @scottdennis . My "guess" is that it's loading the whole package before showing. On a mobile device, this connection could be erratic depending on the network/wifi you are connected to causing even more issues. On the other hand, the app should be caching this package so it doesn't have to be loaded all the time. Kind of related, I have noticed the app loads full images inline with the discussions and I see the same thing. It loads very slowly. I would suggest you report this issue through the mobile app, so they are aware of it. 

1. Go to the course section of the app
  2. Tap the profile picture in the top left
  3. Tap Help
  4. Tap Report a Problem