cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awilliams
Community Champion

Style Guide Elements in Mobile Apps

Jump to solution

I have been very tempted to start redesigning some of my simple home page template designs with some of the fancier elements documented in the style guide, yet so far most of my testing has given poor results when viewing the pages in the mobile apps. Things like tabs and accordions are examples of this. Does anyone know if this is likely to change in the near future? Does anyone have a rough list of which style guide elements work well in the mobile apps?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's a great question, Ryan.  I believe that most of the components in the styleguide use Canvas CSS.  Mobile doesn't pull in CSS because it's not responsive enough for phones, yet.  (We're working on that with some redesign on the web side.)  If we have something in the styleguide that doesn't rely on CSS, it should work in mobile pages.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm curious about this myself. I know UCF is very conservative with their design because it has to scale for 1000s of classes, so we haven't really jumped on this. From what I understand, the mobile app pulls in the raw code and uses its own style for a smaller screen since Canvas Web isn't responsive. I assume this would most make these styles not functional (as you have already seen).  Deactivated user​, do you or any of the engineers have more information on this?

That's a great question, Ryan.  I believe that most of the components in the styleguide use Canvas CSS.  Mobile doesn't pull in CSS because it's not responsive enough for phones, yet.  (We're working on that with some redesign on the web side.)  If we have something in the styleguide that doesn't rely on CSS, it should work in mobile pages.

Hope that helps! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

danklosterman
Community Participant

Has there been any resolution with mobile styles? Right now it doesn't appear that any CSS seems to work in mobile, even when I upload to the specific Mobile Style area in Theme Editor. If we can't enhance the current default page style for the app, my school won't be able to move forward with recommending the app to our students.