cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan012004
Community Member

Tech issue

I am experiencing an issue with my iPad Canvas app. When I receive a notification from canvas, the same notification comes up 3 times. It used to be just 2, but it’s become rather annoying, especially if an assignment is being changed several times by a teacher and 5 notifications become 15. I’d appreciate if anyone knows how to resolve this issue!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Ryan012004,

Sorry to hear the app is causing issues. My suggestion would be to try each of the following: 

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your device
  2. Turn off, then on notifications for the Canvas Teacher app under Settings in iOS
  3. Turn off, then turn on push notifications from inside the Canvas Student app
    1. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/How-do-I-set-Notification-Preferences-in...
  4. Uninstall the app from settings (this is better than deleting from the home screen) 
    1. You can also uninstall apps from Settings. Head to Settings > General > iPhone Storage or iPad Storage. This screen shows you a list of your installed apps along with how much local storage they’re using. Tap an app in this list and tap “Delete App” to delete it.

Hope this helps. 

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Ryan012004 -

Were you able to resolve your issue with the multiple notifications? There was an update to the Student App since your original post, so I wonder if that update would help you as well. It would be great to hear from you! 🙂