The Mobile Movement

mmoore1
Community Contributor

I have been recently researching ways to reach the Modern Learner via mobile lessons, activities, projects, and plans.  Yes, there are a lot of apps out there that are beneficial, but as  @biray  and  @rseilham  stated "While the Canvas app is effective in translating your course to be responsive on a mobile device, it is the job of the teacher or instructional designer to effectively design assignments to address the on-the-go learner."

I conducted a workshop at the most recent Online Teaching Conference in Anaheim (2018) on Motivating Students with Cell Phone Activities. But as research has it and timing luck has it, I wish I would have read more about the Canvas Polls app.  I think this Canvas Polls app and the upcoming Quizzes.Next features are going to be beneficial for increasing interaction while still being in the same overall environment.  I applaud Canvas for seeing that need.

Anyway, I have some materials that are pinned to my twitter account from the conference, and I can share with you what I tried to convey should you have any questions.  It seems like we are going to have a learning world soon that is community driven, individually contributed, location free, movable, right sized, goal oriented, success driven, failure learnable, and data large.  A new way to learn, interact, earn badges, etc. 

Excuse me, while I learn Chinese on Duolingo.

Zai Jian!

3 Comments