Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlennox

Weird error message

Jump to solution

I'm about to submit a ticket for this but I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing issues like this in the Canvas Mobile App for iOS.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobDitto
Community Champion

We have one student facing the same issue; a support case is open with issue number MBL-6466. With luck, the next Canvas by Instructure iOS release will contain a fix.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Wow. That's a gnarly error. I haven't seen it before. How did you create it?

It's an error message some of our students are receiving when they log in to Canvas. It seems to have affected only a small number of users. We may have tracked down the problem. They all seem to be getting the same error if they're enrolled in a certain course.

RobDitto
Community Champion

We have one student facing the same issue; a support case is open with issue number MBL-6466. With luck, the next Canvas by Instructure iOS release will contain a fix.

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

@RobDitto ​ - Keep us updated.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

mlennox​ and  @RobDitto ​ - After the iOS and Canvas for iOS updates, do you still receive the error messages, or have things cleared up for your students?

RobDitto
Community Champion

Thanks,  @KristinL ​, for the reminder.  Yes, in August one of our students reported that upgrading to Canvas for iOS version 3.14.2 [iPhone] solved the problem. There have been newer versions released since then, without any new reports of this issue.

drowsam

Our student devices are at IOS  3.15.2 and are still experiencing "Unknown Errors" when trying to both  access pdf documents in assignments as well as when submitting pdf documents for grading through the app.  This is not a consistent error - but occurs regularly.  It was identified as a fix in the version prior to this, and the frequency of issues decreased slightly, but still happening.  We instruct our students to use Safari to access their canvas account when this happens.  We have a ticket open with Canvas on this. 

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

We occasionally see this, but it's generally tied to our local accounts and not accounts tied to our Shibboleth login.

msanders
Community Member

We have had a number of parents in the last few weeks report a similar issue.  They receive an Unknown Error when accessing the calendar on iOS devices. After they tap dismiss, the calendar appears to load but in reality it doesn't load everything. They mistakenly think that their child has a light homework week.  At least one of our tickets has been linked to MBL-6466.  I was surprised to find it referenced here back in August. We have been told that engineering is working on the problem, but we haven't been given a firm fix date yet.

Error2.JPG